Dacity.Com

Dating a Co-worker

Not much to add, Admin. *grin*

I'm attempting to quit smoking as she doesn't like cigarettes. I was doing so well, too. Two days, no cigarettes. Third day, I decided it wouldn't hurt to have just one cigarette as I wasn't busy at the time and everyone and their uncle was smoking around me all day long. So, I stepped out for a second, lit up, and...you guessed it...Sara came strolling out. Though she said she was searching for an item, I've never seen her in that part of the store. Second of all, she was on a 15 minute break - not to mention, she could've shopped during her one hour lunch. So, in other words, I got busted. That's my luck for you. *grin*

It's funny, though, she finds ways to talk to me like that. Oh, I'm looking for such and such or do you know anything about such and such? Either way, she's "mad" at me. I think I disappointed her as she was actually excited I was attempting to quit. Ah, well, tomorrow marks a new day and maybe I'll have better luck then.

Until next time...

style_emoticons/default/popc1.gif  - Monopolized

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you were doing well.  Did you tell her the circumstances?  Also, I would recommend smoking at least once a day instead of doing cold turkey.  Because if you give your cravings a bit of satisfaction, you will be able to control it better.  And then, after a week or 3, try to make it every other day, then like 2/week, etc.

Or just buy a pack, make it 1 a day, and then when that pack runs out, thats it.

style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Cravings aren't too terribly bad. I've found if I think of it as a habit instead of an addiction, it helps. That's just me, though. For example: First thing in the morning - smoke, after a meal - smoke, when you have nothing better to do - smoke, etc.

I was doing well, though. The company has me covering the garden shop until closing time. So, all day long I deal with co-workers and customers going in and out the doors to smoke. Which, I might add, I generally have to stay around the door in case someone tries to steal something.

Her and I have gotten along fine today, as if yesterday never happened. I know for a fact she didn't see me come INTO work today. However, the first page I made over the intercom she come running to the garden shop (which is kinda off in its own little world - somewhat of an annex-type deal.) to say hey - followed, of course, by that wonderful smile of hers.

I usually have to close the garden shop around 8pm. However, tonight Kizzia (one of the managers) was closing the complete store this evening. Seeing as how she looks at me as her side-kick, she wanted me to close at 7pm to help her do some things. So, that I did.

Around exactly 8:10pm, I hear the PA system "Karen, line 4 please." I knew who it was. *grin* Assumptions aside, I answered as I would an ordinary phone call. Apparently, Sara wanted to invite me to Elizabeth's (her sister) birthday party Friday. I'm weary simply because she started off saying, "My aunt and uncle are coming down and umm, I was wondering if you wanted to come to our house too, to celebrate Elizabeth's birthday". We're bringing in the big guns when it comes to the whole family. *grin* I suppose it'll be alright - I told her I may have to work Friday, however I'd try to work something out for her. She seemed pleased.

We shall see...

P.S. I am so head-over-heels for her.

lol A soap opera, huh. There's not much to tell.

That's what happened today. We should all be caught up as to what has happened in the meantime. Is there something you're wanting to know but too afraid to ask? *grin*

I'll UPDATE you all next time I see her, how's that.

I just don't like that you seem to be dragging your feet on it.  It's almost like you are spending an hour a day to notice her and make progress with her.  In a year you will have progressed like what, 1 month?  Come on, push some buttons and see if she squeaks for ya.

Every good woman is worth the wait.

Besides, you have to keep in mind her mom works with me, along with her older sister. Therefore, I can't be too terribly obvious about things.

I do push buttons when talking to her. I'm even comfortable making sexual innuendos to her. However, I must be careful not to make her uncomfortable. If at any time that happens, I'm driving in reverse double the amount I drove forward and I certainly don't want that.

As far as today goes, she was off work. However, "Karen, line 2 please" was announced over the PA. *grin* Again, assumptions aside, I answered appropriately. She was wanting to know if I could make it Friday. I told her I could and that I would be there at 6:00 (the exact time the party starts). In response, I got an "you can come earlier, if you want" FROM her - maybe for a tour of the bedroom. *grin*

Jokes aside, I'm set at Friday at 6:00. Hopefully, this all will go well. I'm sure it will but, ya know, I'm always nervous around her.

Either way, time will tell...and until the next time on Gays Of Our Lives...

Sometimes you have to take a risk..

I agree on being safe about things, but something you have take a chance..  And there is the inbetween, where you think of what the furthest you can take things and be safe..  Tread a little INTO that unsafe area.  Not too far though, but maybe a little INTO that area of nervousness can gain you ground faster.

Lets say that you think the safest move is to grab her hand and hold it for a minute or two..  Instead, just don't let go for 5 mins.  Or 5 is safe, hold on for 10.

Or if you think she's ok with holding hands, try to give her a quick kissy wissy on the lippies.

Push that 1 step that is not too risky, but is questionable so that if she does back away, it's just FROM not feeling ready yet.

style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use