Dacity.Com

Online Dating

Monopolized

Personally, I can't spend 25 hours a day on the internet.  I'd just get bored.  I do love the internet, but I also love my job.  I'm really not in love with working, but I do love my job.  It gives me something to do, and is just plain fun.  It also gives me a perspective on what kind of person strangers see me as.  (Serving has great opportunities, doesn't it?)  hehehe

:flirt:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grant you, on my days off, I usually have my computer on the internet all day. However, I'm not always at my computer. Like today, for example, I had the day off. My computer was on the internet all day while I dropped some stuff off at the Thrift Store, cleaned the house, stopped by work to talk to some friends, pick up a few things at the store, etc.

While it's nice to have friends online, I've learned my lesson about getting "too involved" with people. Besides, I'm not looking for anything anyhow. I don't even like sending IMs to my real world friends - it's just easier to call. *shrug* You see, I have a routine. I CHECK my email first and foremost. Second, I CHECK two forums I visit on a daily basis (this being one of them). That's it.

There's a place called VZones (or NewHorizone, whichever you want to call it). It's a virtual world. Let's put it this way, have you ever heard of Sims Online, The Palace, or even played them? It's like that only better. You're an actual "pixel person". You can walk, you can talk, you can think, you can ESP (which is like an IM), you can wave, you dress yourself, you can bow, shrug, dance, even flex your muscles - it's wild. Now, don't get me wrong, I like to chat in this place. (You earn 100 tokens an hour up to 500 tokens a day, if you're in there for that long which is why I stay on the internet when I'm not even at home)

The main problem I see: This is an escape for a lot of people. It's sad, really, if you allow yourself to get caught up in this fantasy world. If not, it's a fun place to be. It's almost an addiction waiting to happen and the company sure isn't going to prevent that FROM happening - that's more money in their pockets as it costs $10 a month to chat there.

My point being: Maybe internet addiction is aided. There again, maybe some people are just bound to be dependant on technology. What do you all think?

:flirt:  - Monopolized

On that same note, aren't all addictions aided?  Las Vegas, doesn't say, "Conserve your money, save your pants."  It screams, "BIG MONEY!"  It took LAWSUITS to get the cigarette companies to stop campaining toward teens.  And what about video games.  Why do you think they're so realistic.  Pong certainly wasn't addicting.  Anyway, my point is, there is no unaided addiction.  Making it look desireable is what makes it become an addiction.

You see, I have a routine. I CHECK my email first and foremost. Second, I CHECK two forums I visit on a daily basis (this being one of them). That's it.

:worship: You just made my day with that comment. style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Now excuse me, I need to go play some pong.

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use