Dacity.Com

Dumb State Laws

BONES

Well Here are some from Florida if you all want to post some dumb laws from your state feel free:

Florida:

It is illegal to sell your children......dammit! :angry:

Doors of all public buildings must open outwards

Unmarried couples may not commit "lewd acts" and live together in the same residence......whoopsie :blush:

One may not commit any "unnatural acts" with another person.....I'm not sure what they mean by an "unnatural act"?

The state constitution allows for freedom of speech, a trial by jury, and pregnant pigs to not be confined in cages.....I believe they actually still enforce the pig one here too.

A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.....hhmm I see this ALL the time around here um South Beach :lol:

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.....ok I'm still trying to figure out how this one even became a law? :o

Oral sex is illegal.

You may not kiss your wife's breasts.

You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.

When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.....whoops...messed up again

^ :lol:

Dumb Laws in Arizona:

Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony. This goes back in the days of the Wild West.

There is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.

When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person posseses.

Hunting camels is prohibited.

Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.

It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.

Some More:

Glendale

Cars may not be driven in reverse.

Globe

Cards may not be played in the street with a Native American.

Hayden

If you bother the cottontails or bullfrogs, you will be fined.

Maricopa County

No more than six girls may live in any house.

Mesa

It is illegal to smoke cigarettes within 15 feet of a public place unless you have a Class 12 liqueur license.

Mohave County

A decree declares that anyone caught stealing soap must wash himself with it until it is all used up.

Nogales

An ordinance prohibits the wearing of suspenders.

Prescott

No one is permitted to ride their horse up the stairs of the county court house.

Tucson

Women may not wear pants.

Tombstone

It is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.

Most likely Troy.

We are from Arizona my dad says this is true.

Hunting camels is prohibited.

Explanation:

The US Army once experimented with camels in the Arizona desert, and eventually gave up. The remaining camels were set free, and are now protected.

It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.

Explanation:

In the summer-time, with temperatures reaching topping 120 degrees,

often people will need water, but may not have the

money to pay for it (mainly applies to homeless).

It is in effect today with businesses they get a heavy fine if reported.

Convenience stores are the primary businesses who uphold this law.

According to dad these are on the books - the rest I am not sure just thought they were funny. :lol:

I didn't mean those. They're pretty much common sense and being a decent person in general.

I'm basically talking about

Cars may not be driven in reverse.

"I swear, officer! I pulled forward into that parking space and I couldn't leave without putting my car in reverse!"

That's not the only one, just giving an example.

I got some for both england and scotland together :)

A bed may not be hung out of a window.

It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.

Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked manequin.

Chelsea Pensioners may not be impersonated

All English males over the age 14 are to carry out 2 or so hours of longbow practice a week supervised by the local clergy.

Since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armor in Parliament

No cows may be driven down the roadway between 10 AM and 7 PM unless there is prior approval from the Commissioner of Police.

More from Arizona:

It is illegal to manufacture imitation cocaine.

Full text of the Law13-3453. Manufacture or distribution of imitation controlled substance; prohibited acts; classification

A. It is unlawful for a person to manufacture, distribute or possess with intent to distribute an imitation controlled substance.

B. It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the defendant believed the imitation controlled substance to be a legitimate controlled substance.

C. A person who violates subsection A by the manufacture, distribution or possession of with intent to distribute an imitation controlled substance as a controlled substance is guilty of a class 6 felony.

D. Any person of the age of eighteen years or older who violates subsection A with respect to any person under the age of eighteen years is guilty of a class 5 felony.

One must be 18 years old to buy spray paint.

Full text of the LawSec. 22-103. Limiting access to graffiti implements.

(a) No person other than a parent or legal guardian shall sell, exchange, give, loan, or otherwise furnish, or cause or permit to be exchanged, given, loaned, or otherwise furnished, any graffiti implement to any person under the age of eighteen (18) years.

(B) Evidence that a person, his or her employee, or agent demanded and was shown acceptable evidence of majority and acted upon such evidence in a transaction or sale shall be a defense to any prosecution under this section. Acceptable evidence of majority shall include, but is not limited to, driver's license, state-issued identification or military identification.

© This section does not apply to the transfer of graffiti implements from parent to child, guardian to ward, employer to employee, teacher to student or in any other similar relationship when such transfer is for a lawful purpose.

(d) Violation of this section is a class 1 misdemeanor.

(Ord. No. 97.66, 12-11-97)

Important Information

Terms of Use