Dacity.Com

Tiger Woods

BONES

Another claret jug for Woods

By DOUG FERGUSON, AP Golf Writer

July 23, 2006

HOYLAKE, England (AP) -- Tiger Woods had an answer for everyone Sunday on another methodical march to victory in the British Open.

One month after missing the cut for the first time in a major, Woods was ruthless as ever on the brown-baked links of Royal Liverpool, making three straight birdies to turn away a spirited challenge by Chris DiMarco and win golf's oldest championship for the second straight year.

He closed with a 5-under 67 and became the first player since Tom Watson in 1982-83 to win consecutive titles.

Woods tapped in for par for a two-shot victory over DiMarco, and pent-up emotions tore through his lips as he screamed "Yes!" He then buried his head in caddie Steve Williams' shoulder and sobbed, his chest heaving.

This was his first victory since his father, Earl Woods, died May 3 after a brutal bout with cancer. Some questioned whether Woods could regain his focus, especially after he was sent packing after two rounds at Winged Foot in the U.S. Open.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug...p&type=lgns

It was so touching after his win I saw it on the news (he lost his dad) and he dedicated the game and the win to his dad...........it touched me to see him cry omg he would just not let go of his caddy after his win. Very emotional made me cry. Edited by Pink20

Important Information

Terms of Use