Dacity.Com

How Soon Is Too Soon?

fluffyrat

How soon is too soon to go from "friends," to "more than friends?" Let's see, it's like this. There's this guy that I've been socializing with a little bit for a few months now, but I've only seen him once a week. So, the last few weeks, maybe four or five, we've really been talking and goofing around a lot more. Finally last night we finally actually WENT somewhere, besides just goofing on each other at the bowling alley for like two hours or less once a week. We went to Cue Masters to shoot pool, then we went to IHOP, because nothing else was open. Anyway, I REALLY like him, but I don't want to jump into anything too soon, because I don't want to mess anything up. *sigh* :popcorn:

it all depends on how you feel I can only speak for myself It took me 3 months to totally feel comfortable with my b/f because I like to take things slow and I wanted to really get to know him and we became good friends and we have been dating for a year now and we are growing closer and closer each passing day. Edited by dream19

it all depends on how you feel I can only speak for myself It took me 3 months to totally feel comfortable with my b/f because I like to take things slow and I wanted to really get to know him and we became  good friends and we have been dating for a year now and we are growing closer and closer each passing day.

Uh huh, well...We're going out again tonight, but I just talked to him on the phone for like two and a half hours. It's CRAZY! lol And it wasn't just meaningless rambling, we were actually talking about real stuff, but what I can't understand is why, when I can't have a three word conversation with someone I haven't known for five years, I can talk to him for almost three hours. It's very odd. Perhaps that's a sign that it's right. I don't know. I WANT to take things slowly, because I don't want to be hurt again, but the other part of me is just crazy and like, do it NOW! lol

Uh huh, well...We're going out again tonight, but I just talked to him on the phone for like two and a half hours.  It's CRAZY!  lol  And it wasn't just meaningless rambling, we were actually talking about real stuff, but what I can't understand is why, when I can't have a three word conversation with someone I haven't known for five years, I can talk to him for almost three hours.  It's very odd.  Perhaps that's a sign that it's right.  I don't know.  I WANT to take things slowly, because I don't want to be hurt again, but the other part of me is just crazy and like, do it NOW!  lol

I can understand what your saying getting hurt stinks. It sounds like you all are are getting along fine and things are moving in the right direction.

Take things slow good idea and when the timing is right move it up to the next level.

I took it so slow with my b/f that I ended up making the first move because he was not sure and he did not want to rush me into anything.

Important Information

Terms of Use