Dacity.Com

Ok, I know the average age of posters on this forum is less than that required to make this type of purchase, but I have a MAJOR gripe right now. I just found out last Monday that my car is dead. It's temporarily driveable, but not reliable. Plus I'm only getting about 12 miles to the gallon, and with gas at $2.30 a gallon for the low grade, that's unacceptable. So where is this going?

I found myself in the market for a new car, though quite unexpectedly. I went to the shop where my car was on Tuesday to pick it up and pay my bill. All went well there and I started on my way home. I planned to stop at a used car lot and look at a Chevy Cavalier, when Checkered Flag Certified Used Cars caught my eye. I flipped the U-turn and swung in there, figuring I'd look around but not try and buy anything that day.

I talked to the sales rep and let him know straight away that I had NO credit and COULD NOT get a co-signer, and he showed me a Pontiac Sunfire and a Hyundai Tiburon. Both were five speed manuals, but that's ok, I have plenty of people to teach me, and it'd be fun to drive. Well, I fell in love with the Tiburon, so we went into his office and I filled ou the credit app. He looked at it for a few minutes, showed it to his sales manager and told me, "You need a co-signer. We can't do anything for you without one, so just go get a friend or relative, and we'll be happy to help you young lady." So I go, "I told you, I don't have a co-signer. I'll just go somewhere else." He says, "Feel free to do that, but you'll get the same answer anywhere you go."

I went to Cavalier Ford and was trying to talk to a person I know about a car. He was busy so I worked with the young man that welcomed me to the lot. Anyway, four days and a couple of letters from my employers later and I'm now the proud owner of a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport. Ok, so few of you can appreciate the subtle nuances of this, but I LOVE the cavalier, always have. It just upsets me the way someone will brush you off just because you're young and appear to have low income. What Checkered Flag failed to ask was if I pay ANY rent or have ANY bills. Oh well, they just lost a $10,000 sale. Congrats Cavalier Ford, you now have a lifelong customer. I'll post the letter Checkered Flag sent me and the letter I'm sending them in response in a later post. :P

Edited by fluffyrat

You could always buy her old car off of her

Ha ha ha...That's so never gonna happen. My car's not for sale, I traded it in, so it's no longer my car. Besides, the dealership gave me $1600 for it. (Actually it was just a paper deal to make the bank think I had more down, but it makes sense if you see it.) But, if you REALLY want to buy it, I'll give you the VIN and you can go buy it at auction, heh. Fun fun fun, back to the auction for the Beretta. :popcorn:

Explain that paper deal...

Simple...My car is worth $300. They gave me $1600 for it. They inflated the purchase price of the car I purchased by $1300 to cover that extra $1300 they gave me for my car. I also put down $400 cash. As far as the bank see's it, I just put down 15% of the purchase price of the car. They look at that, smile, and give me an 8.5% interest rate. If that hadn't been done, I might not have even gotten the financing, and if I had, it CERTAINLY would have been at a higher interest rate. See? So it all makes sense. :popcorn:

Important Information

Terms of Use