Jump to content

The poop is really flying with this one...


Recommended Posts

Lawsuit claims exploding toilet burned man


Friday, June 3, 2005 Posted: 10:30 AM EDT (1430 GMT)


MORGANTOWN, West Virginia (AP) -- A man who says he was severely burned when a portable toilet exploded after he sat down and lit a cigarette is suing a general contractor and a coal company, accusing them of negligence.


John Jenkins, 53, and his wife, Ramona Jenkins, 35, of Brave, Pennsylvania, filed the suite Tuesday in county circuit court seeking $10 million in damages from Chisler Inc. and Eastern Associated Coal Corp.


The lawsuit claims Jenkins' face, neck, arms, torso and legs were severely burned last July after the cigarette ignited methane gas leaking from a pipe underneath the toilet unit.


"When I struck the lighter, the whole thing just detonated -- the whole top blew off," said Jenkins, a methane power plant operator with North West Fuels Development Inc. "I can't tell you if it blew me out the door or if I jumped out."


Eastern Associated owns the Blacksville property where the explosion occurred. Jenkins alleges that heavy equipment from Chisler Inc. ran over the pipelines before the explosion, causing the methane gas leak.


A call to the Charleston office of Peabody Energy, the parent company of Eastern Associated Coal, was not returned.


A man who answered the phone at Chisler's office in Fairview said the company would have no comment.


Original source: http://premium.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/03/toilet.lawsuit.ap/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. I don't use a name like that, much less have been to that site.


(Or vice versa)


I saw it on another forum and so did a news search for it to get an official news reference to post it with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use