Dacity.Com

Water

KimmiKitti

Should dogs, cats, hamsters etc. have fresh spring water or tap water?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't vote because I didn't really like the choices. Let me explain.

Pets aren't the most sanitary things on earth. Some eat their own feces. They will drink about anything. I don't really see the need to pay for something that you could get for free and do the exact same thing.

• 3 months later...
I didn't vote because I didn't really like the choices. Let me explain.

Pets aren't the most sanitary things on earth. Some eat their own feces. They will drink about anything. I don't really see the need to pay for something that you could get for free and do the exact same thing.

Let me comment:

If an animal is TAUGHT to be sanitary, it will be, just as you have to teach a baby. Now what do you mean by paying for something you can get free? I mean, I know that where I live, we pay a monthly water bill, but for that we get clean, sanitary, fluorinated water. I also know that it is crucial to allow your pet constant access to clean water. If you have well water, put a filter on the tap, or if you have city water that works well too. Anyway, take the best care of your pets you can. Love them and remember every moment with them. You won't believe it when your time with them is over. Let them know that they're EVERYTHING to you.

I have no pets now. Dog got hit by some jack*** going too fast on a blind hill on his damn atv. Cat probably got hit by someone in a car doing the exact same thing.

We have a creek with a spring nearby. We've never watered our animals, except our pig which couldn't leave its pen. They all did fine, except for the pig which is now in small bags in the freezer.

I think water from the faucet is fine. I know dogs can be disgusting (oh the love/disgust relationships haha) but good water is a neccesity for about anything on earth. I just want to say this though, don't fall for the bottled water crud. Tap water, yes tap water, has higher standards on it than bottled water. Your mountain fresh water probably comes from Utah (well not neccesarily but not the place on the label lol). The taste? It's psychological, trust me or go to http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/topics.do?topic=bw .. thankyou for letting me go through that rant haha.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use