Dacity.Com

[OLD]Should schools ban carbonated drinks?

Squeefer_11

Should schools be allowed to ban carbonated drinks?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's dumb. It's fine if schools don't want to offer/serve carbonated drinks but they shouldn't be allowed to ban then altogether, in my opinion. My "little brother's" school has done the same thing. It's not cool. If his mom only has a few cans of soda laying around the house is she supposed to send him on his way with nothing to drink that day? I think not. I'm all about teaching kids good eating habits, but a carbonated drink at lunch isn't the end of the world. And some of the crap they feed these kids...I wouldn't feed my dog!!

I think they should replace carbonated drinks with chocolate milk or water. Its much healtheir, and kids need to have calcium in thier bones for growing its like a 2 for one deal! Thats why we have so many obese kids in the U.S. So everyone get their 3-aday not your mountain dew aday! style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif

Hold up, have they banned them altogether, or just banned them from being supplied/sold within the school, however, bringing your own soda is permitted?

I could see banning internal sale of them because of trying to provide a source of nutrition instead of items known to be unhealthy. But if someone brings in their own drink (provided it is not illegal, such as beer), then they should be permitted to drink it. Same with food, or are they going to start forbidden McDonalds from being brought in if someone desires that as their lunch?

• 6 years later...

Important Information

Terms of Use