Dacity.Com

[OLD]Lots of Riddles

SoBeLiz

Riddle 1

I dig out tiny caves, and store gold and silver in them.

I also build bridges of silver and make crowns of gold.

They are the smallest you could imagine.

Sooner or later everybody needs my help, yet many people are afraid to let me help them. Who am I?

Riddle 2

A GROUP of soldiers were standing in the blistering sun facing

due west. Their sergeant shouted at them:

Right turn!

About turn!

Left turn!

In which direction are they now facing?

Riddle 3

There is a clothing store in Bartlesville. The owner has

devised his own method of pricing items. A vest costs $20,

socks cost $25, a tie costs $15 and a blouse costs $30. Using

the method, how much would a pair of underwear cost?

Riddle 4

A wealthy man named Richard Ellis had been counting his money.When he finished, he accidentally left a $100.00 bill on his desk. But when he returned for it a short while later, it was gone. Only two other persons could have seen the bill. One was the maid; the other was the butler.

The maid told him that she had hidden it for safekeeping under a green book that was on the desk. But when they looked the bill was not there.

The butler said he had found the bill where the maid had left it. He had placed it inside the book, where he thought there was less chance that somebody would find it. He had written down the page numbers so that he would not forget them. The bill was between pages 35 and 36, he said. But when they looked, there was no money in the book.

After Mr. Ellis had talked to the maid and the butler, he called the police. He was sure he knew who had taken the money. Who was it, and how did he know?

Riddle 5

If three cats catch three mice in three minutes, how many cats would be needed to catch 100 mice in 100 minutes?

Riddle 6

A rich man's son was kidnapped. The ransom note told him to

bring a valuable diamond to a phone booth in the middle of a

public park. Plainclothes police officers surrounded the park,

intending to follow the criminal or his messenger. The rich man

arrived at the phone booth and followed instructions but the

police were powerless to prevent the diamond FROM leaving the

park and reaching the crafty villain. What did he do?

Ok, dacity peeps, hop to it!

#1 dentist

#2 due east

#3 $35? dunno

#4 The butler did it (no pun intended). In a regular book, pages 35 & 36 are on the opposite side of the same paper, ie, 34 faces 35, 36 faces 37, 35 and 36 face away FROM each other.

#5 the same 3 cats at the same ratio. 3 mice in 3 mins is 1 per min, and 100 mice / 1 per min = 100 mins.

#6... Too tired to figure it out.. I'll just go look it up on the net. Anyone wanna tackle this one?

style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

• 7 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Important Information

Terms of Use