Dacity.Com

What is the deal with Java?

The Joker

Okay, so basically all computers need Java to run chat sites, games, and look at certain graphics. But... One drawback for me...

Every time I make an effort to download and install Java, it always says the same message each time I try, offline or online: "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." I try to either download and install it on Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer(Which I hate to use) and both respond with the same message.

What the heck is the deal?!

• 4 months later...

I'm certain you've resolved this issue by now sweety, but I would try to download the installer as a file onto your hard drive and then run it from Windows Explorer.

The problem you may sometimes see while trying to make Firefox or IE download and run a file for you automatically is that they save the file into a temporary location, and sometimes they do their housekeeping and cleanup the file just before you try to run it.

Let us know if you've found success? Good luck!

Linny^

Important Information

Terms of Use