Dacity.Com

Wirless Networking Problem

The_Buzz

I am trying to set up a wireless network between my home computers to play lan games. I have a DLINK DI-824VUP+ which has a small inbuilt antenna. I am trying to network with a computer downstairs but the floor is 8inch thick concrete and I cant get a signal. The guys at Computers Online are suggesting I use two directional antennas but before I buy them I want to know if they will actually work. Can anyone tell me from experience if this is going to solve my problem?

I would recommend investing in a repeater and have it repeat from another room, in an arrow form, ie ">", where the top is the room upstairs, the bottom is the room downstairs, and the right (middle point) is a room or location that the signal can travel to from the upstairs room and repeat the signal to the downstairs room. Almost like using a mirror on the outside corner of a house, it reflects the both ways but without it a direct link is not possible.

If that isn't feasible, you may wish to invest in a wired router to router to the wireless router into a different room, or put both computer onto wireless and have the router in a seperate room where the signal can reach both computers without problems.

Important Information

Terms of Use