Dacity.Com

Mexico a U.S. Territory?

Wolfie

What do you think?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NO

Even larger flood of immigrants

If it were to be a U.S. Territory, we could then go in and create job opportunities there as well as a few other things, thus reducing the desire for them to come into the U.S. itself. They would get the benefit of good jobs (for better pay), we would gain more territory.

What about their government?

They probably wouldn't like having another government over them, if they're kept at all. They probably wouldn't leave without a fight, either.

This isn't like back in the 1700s, where the worst weapons they had were cannons and rifles. If we get in a war over land, biological, chemical, or nuclear weapons could possibly be used. I have no idea what Mexico's military capabilities are, so it's kind of hard to judge the threat if they were to fight back.

Considering that there seems to be practically a stampede of immigrants trying to get in, I'd wager that they'd gladly accept becoming a U.S. Territory. I'm not suggesting taking over with force, but more of a mutual agreement to it happening.

They'd become u.s. citizens (even though it wouldn't be a state), we'd be able to develop it our way and have it as even more land in our favor.

If it were developed and offered what we have here, they'd want to remain where they are. :)

I'm not suggesting taking over with force, but more of a mutual agreement to it happening.

I guess I should have explained that. I'm not suggesting that we use force, either. Lord knows there are enough corrupt politicians. That's what I was getting at. What if there are some corrupt guys pretty high up in either government and they decide that they want the country/want to stay independant no matter what?

I really dont know what Mexico is

Its been confusing me for ages.

It's a country that borders on the southern end of the U.S. Look on a map.

I guess I should have explained that. I'm not suggesting that we use force, either. Lord knows there are enough corrupt politicians. That's what I was getting at. What if there are some corrupt guys pretty high up in either government and they decide that they want the country/want to stay independant no matter what?
They'll remain corrupt either way, why not eliminate one problem by creating opportunities at the same time that are mutually beneficial? :)

Important Information

Terms of Use