Dacity.Com

[OLD]Driving stupidity

Ice bullets with a targetting system that would give you a visual display (with a bulls-eye marking) on a small monitor and a small stick to move the aiming.  Built in distance measurement (using electronic sonar/radar type equipment) to decide the correct amount of firing pressure, and with that a second display that would give you another display for where the other tire is estimated to be (but allow you to manually adjust for that).  All in all, a well programmed system to help making targetting a breeze, so that within seconds, you just provide manual corrections, and then press one of a few buttons, where you can choose FROM left, right or both, and also single or double shots.

The system would also have targetting for both front and back shots, along with a few side shots.  (For those people who can't stay in one lane and are almost hitting you, you would be doing them a service by shooting their tires and making them pull over).  The rear shooting ability would be for those who love to tailgate.

The bullets would be made out of a combination of dry ice and liquid nitrogen, so that the bullets vaporize quickly, and the liquid nitrogen could serve to squirt at the ground and hopefully cause a smoke screen.  With another aim-programming designed, you could aim the squirting at a persons front end (radiator most likely) where the heat combined with the liquid nitrogen would not only give them the impression that their radiator has just busted, but would cause it to severely crack and require replacement.  Same thing for the headlights.

Also for the back, for those night time knuckleheads, a multiple blinding lights that could be aimed to provide maximum brightness in a specific direction.  Some one pulls up either with the high beams already on, or turns it on to DROP you a hint, you just DROP a hint right back at them.  Crank it on for 5 seconds, and you're good to go.

Along the sides, high powered steam shooters..  lemme EXPLAIN - again, liquid nitrogen...  Combined with heated air, shooting out of a very tiny tube.  Side smoke screens!!  For those who insist on merging FROM behind you INTO another lane and then gunning their engine in a pathetic attempt to seem 'cool' and like they are da bomb.  Block their vision and they suddenly realize just hope powerless they are.

Back to the front, we have another purpose, using two techniques.  One is to shoot either liquid nitrogen or dry-ice INTO the exhaust pipes (see above ice-bullets).  The other would be a claw that would have the option to automatically seek out the exhaust and clamp the sucker shut.  For best results, LOAD several dry ice stones INTO the exhaust (deep enough to not come back out) so that it generates a heavy fog.  At same time, call police department and report the exhaust problem.  Person gets pulled and detained.

Also in the front, those same steam shooters, to give the appearance of engine problems.  So that when people start to back away FROM you, you can take off and let them feel completely stupid for falling for it.

And, of course, a protective outer layer that would be protective against such things as bullets, for those that can't stand to be taught that they don't own the road as they originally thought.

For added measure, a stockade of dry-ice 'mines' could also be deployed.  They would cut INTO the tires of a car, and the heat FROM the tires would cause it to instantaneously vaporize, creating massive amounts of pressure and therefore blowing the tire apart.  Very effective for those that come up on your rear end very fast, flick you off and insist that you move over to let them by, when they could just as easily merge over to pass by you.  (But if they do that, then you use the side shooters teehee).  Highly recommended when no one else is around, so that there are no witnesses.  If you're very fortunate, you'll see them waving a gun and firing a few shots INTO the air, as though it's supposed to impress you.  Not only feel that thrill of sweet revenge, but at the same time, put a gun toting maniac out of commission long enough for the police to catch up with them and see if they are wanted for anything.

And of course, with the automated targetting systems (fully upgradable via the insertion of a new version of software on a cd-rom), there could be all-out-war modes, where the rear end would go completely crazy..  Dropping mines, squirting the radiator, shooting the headlights, providing a small fog screen and blazing the lights at them.  Effectively ridding the community of that pest and their dangerous weapon..  I mean car.  Or for cases when some idiot is doing the stupid stuff against you while driving a rental truck.  Heavy artillery for the heavy equipment.

:devil: Ah, I love it when my imagination kicks in.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you've really put a lot of thought INTO that.  I have the winner for stupid drivers though.

My mom and I (and a friend) were on Bonney Road last night, it's a four lane fairly busy road with no median and not nearly the lights it should have.  We were coming up on S. Thalia, a little neighborhood street and all of a sudden this idiot pulled right out in front of us.  Yup, we hit 'em.  Oh fun...then when someone asked what happened all she said was, "They need a light here," and it was HER bloody fault.  After the cops come they take her back to the police cruiser and pat her down and shove her in.  "Wow, they're arresting her," I said.  They go back and search her car two or three more times, completely ignoring us.  Now...allow me to mention that they NEVER asked my MOM what happened, only the guilty party and ALL she said was that they need a light at that intersection.  So anyway...about thirty minutes after the police got there they finally bring us the other lady's insurance info and tell us, "I didn't witness the accident and the vehicles have been moved so I'm not issuing a citation or even filing an accident report."  Well, needless to say I lose it, but the cop has all ready walked of at this point.  Basically what he's said is, "You were in the wrong place at the wrong time but I'm not going to issue a citation because though I know perfectly well that it was the other party's fault, well, I'm a prejudice butt hole and I don't really care what happened.  I didn't see it so you can't make me do a darn thing and that's it.  Have a wonderful evening."  REWIND!  The law is SUPPOSED to be on your side.  That's not how it's supposed to work.  So...the city doesn't even know that there was an accident because he refused to file a report.  Oh yeah, btw...I WAS injured in that accident.  Not severely but I was injured.  Yeah, he didn't ask us if anyone in our vehicle was injured either.  He only asked the other lady.  So that's it...and Mom's calling a lawyer and YES she DOES have that officer's name.  But...I think that one deserves a medal.  What started as a minor fender bender is going to end up something that that cop is gonna wish for the rest of his life he had dealt with properly and professionally.

(having to retype this, as my browser screwed up on me)...

I hope your mom has a good lawyer.  If she does, then (he/she) will want to file a suit against the city about that officers actions.  All it would take is for the driver of the other car to say that she didn't cause the accident (and tell her insurance company that an officer came out and didn't give her a ticket, etc) and they'd refuse to pay for anything.  And if you can't prove it in civil court that she's the one at fault, then you can't collect on anything.  So that right there would make a good case to sue the city over, for negligence, and because it could make the news and be rather embarrassing for the police dept. as well as that woman.

Anyway, I learned a few years ago about how insurance companies work (for the most part).  If they aren't convinced that they'll have to pay for something, then they don't do it.  Makes sense unless you are the one trying to collect money, and you know it's owed to you, but the insurance keeps claiming that they aren't responsible yet.  One Thursday morning, at the end of August, I was driving to work.  I had gotten to a stop sign on a side street, and then turned left onto another side street.  I saw that the stop light intersecting at the main road had just turned green for me (both sides get the green at the same time, and the other side was still at a stop, so I knew the light had JUST turned green).  Ok cool, and by the time I get to the intersection, a few seconds had passed.  You'd think that after a few seconds, people would realize what was happening at the intersection and would adjust properly.  WRONG.  As I was halfway across, a lady (coming FROM my right) hit my front end, and caused me to do a 180° turn.  On the other hand, my impact with her caused her vehicle to swerve to the other side of the street, ramming against a van that was in the on-coming traffic lane (also on the side street I was on).  I was doing roughly 25mph and she had to be running at 45mph to do what she did.  I still remember the bitter sweet words..  Bitter at the time, sweet when I look back on it..  The guy of the van had said something to the affect that it might not be the best time to mention it, but he hopes that she has her insurance information available.  (Read on..)

It gets better...

Ok so I missed that day of work (obvious reasons duh)  And the next day I got a call FROM her insurance company telling me that they had a rental car available.  This is when it's explained to me that they don't authorize rental cars until they are certain that they're liable for it.  And this happen to be an open and shut case to them, based on the circumstances and witnesses.  So yay! I wouldn't have to battle for reimbursement for losses.  Let's skip ahead a few months though..  In court, the woman pleaded Not-Guilty to the charges.  She was claiming that *I* ran the red light, that *I* was doing 45mph and that *she* was the one with the green light and only doing 25mph.  It took like three court hearings, the first of which I wasn't there for (I wasn't summoned for it, but I got summoned when she pleaded not guilty).  During the final hearing, witnesses for her side, to verify that she had the green light and that I ran the red light..  Included a neighbor, a friend and/or a relative.  It was supposed to be 3 but I think only 2 made it.  However, one claimed to just happen to be standing at that corner when the accident happened, and the other claimed they were going in the same direction and that they had the green light and that I didn't.  Needless to say, I think the judge's only temptation to dismiss it was that it provided him with such a good laugh.  However, I think any humor was quickly cancelled out by being irritated at the insult to his intelligence.  She was found guilty, and my only deduction in why she would be fighting it is in hopes of convincing her insurance company that it wasn't her fault, thus causinseriem to persue me for returning all money paid as a result of the accident.

Oh wait, there's more...  This woman had the nerve..  I mean she really had the audacity to SHOW up..  Claiming whiplash!  Ok, let's say she really did happen to have it.  Her fault.  And during the court proceedings, it was made clear that it wasn't anywhere NEAR being her first offense.

I wonder if she ever realized that with all the evidence provided, she would have been better off pleading guilty to a lesser charge.  She probably could have gotten it and would have been better off.  Common sense tells a peson that when two objects collide, they exchange energy, therefore thats why I only made her vehicle swerve across the street (ie, I caused her to change in that direction, her own momentum is what actually moved her the distance) while her impact caused me to do the 180° turn, and my forward motion, combined with the reverseness of my new heading, caused me to stay put.  (I might have some of this wrongly explained as to why it happened the way it did, but the events are correct).

*sigh* She totalled my car, and thought she was the victim..  Go figure.

*sigh*  I told Mom to call a lawyer but she's been putting it off.  She REALLY needs to call one though because I ended up missing a day of work over the whole thing.  Not only that but that van needs to be fixed and I shouldn't be responsible for that medical bill that wouldn't have been necessary had the idiot woman not run the stop sign.  Actually, she didn't even run it, she did what all IDIOTS do at stop signs.  She stopped, she just went as soon as she'd stopped.  You know..."Oh, a stop sign.  Ok, I stop, I see traffic, I go anyway."  It makes sense to me.   (O.o)   Mom's definately calling a lawyer tomorrow though.  She has to, if she puts it off any longer they'll say she procrastinated too long.  I hope it all works out though.  I can't stand morons.   (O.o)  

Ok how's this for a switch...

On Friday (11/21) I was heading south on Chippenham Pkwy and there was a cab in front of me (Vetern's Cab I think it was).  In the left hand lane, and it was going about 65 to 70, I was doing about 70 to 75.  Came up behind the cab, and I wasn't bothered that there was no attempt to speed up or anything.  (I wasn't in a mega-hurry or anything, so I was all cool with it).

Then..  and I do mean this..  The driver did something that purely shocked me..  They..  moved!  To the middle lane, to give me the ability to pass by them.  I was unprepared for that.  Ok well I started to pass by and then figured that I wasn't in a hurry, and the driver was nice, so I slowed down again, allowed the cab to catch up some, then got the cab number and their phone number, and called to report it.

Made sure to comment how polite I thought it was that the driver try to clear the way to let me pass.  I'm hoping that the driver got the compliment passed to (him/her).  I'm sure it would have made their day.

style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Florida, we get the worst of the stupid drivers.

Here in Florida, on very busy roads, there are several breaks in the median so that you may make a U- turn instead of going all the way down the streat and turning around.  However, many people take advantage of this.  They see the break in the median, say "Oh, the next one is 150 ft. away, we must get this one!" and slam the breaks and turn right in.  Then, in ORDER to get to the other side, you must accelerate quickly because you are cutting INTO traffic.  But, many people intend to accelerate as slow as possible, causing us to have to slam the breaks to avoid T-boning them.

On the way back to school the other day, a crazy man FROM my neighborhood saw me.  He owns a 1986 Mercury Grand-Marqis and has a 302 engine under the hood with a Police Interceptor and turbo charged.  So he tries to impress me by totally gunning (Flooring) it and had to be going at least 90 mph.  The speed LIMIT was 55, and my mother was going 60.  There was a car in front of us, about one cars' distance away.  So this wierdo guns it, goes at least 90, then slams the breaks, cuts in front of us in this tiny space we had between us and the other car, and he accelerates after cutting in, then immediately, once again, nails the breaks.  He almost clipped the car in front of him, and he already has a record a mile long...

Anyway, there is also the people who drive those "trippped out" honda civics and think they're all hot rods because they have headers on the back instead of mufflers.  :glare:   Those things are such woosy cars... but anyway...  Here in Florida the Highway Patrol is pretty lienient.  But, we saw two people street racing their "hot rods" and got arrested... we witnessed the entire thing.

The next day when we were going to the nascar races in Miami, Florida, We pulled up to the Toll Booth and all the lanes were lined up full of cars.  So this guy on a motorcycle goes in between two of the lanes... flying by us, almost killing himself because of the tight space he was in.  The FHP (Florida High Way Patrol) and the Sherrif each sent out 3 units.  So there were a total of 6 police forces chasing him... It turns out he was fleeing FROM a robbery scene.  But to raise his jail time trying to pull of stunts like that is just... Stupid. (O.o)   I tell you, I'm with wolfie on the writing a book thing.  The only problem with that is, there isnt enough ink and paper to write a book that large.  It would have to be online.  :clap:

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use