Dacity.Com

The Admin, Kiki and I moderate a kids chatroom on the Xirc network. Whenever there is tons of the rules being broken, we do what is called a rule check whick sets the room so that noone can talk except for mods, and displays the rules. After rule checks, I hate it when people say "Oh can we have another one!!!"

As admin mentioned before writing in all caps is considered yelling. So when we politely tell them to lower their caps, some say I dont know how. Everyone knows about that... If they know how to connect to a chat network or even find a decent kids chat like this one... they definately should know how to turn off their caps

/me considers painting all the caps lock keys in the world a bright red

Geez...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the logic that I use for knowing that they know about the caps lock...

How is it that they can turn it on, but no matter how well you explain where the key is and what it is named, they cannot find it?

If the key is in a place where it could get hit by mistake, then it's in a place that it can be found easily. If not, then they couldn't have hit it by accident.

Either way, since Windows boots with the caps lock OFF, they can turn if back off.

• 2 weeks later...
You do have a very valid and good point there. Plus, in my opinion, if someone does not know how to turn off the caps on their computer, they should not be on a chat room to begin with. However, sometimes I continue to argue with them just to get some humor out of all their lame excuses. They can be quite creative at some times. style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

• 3 months later...

Oh..this is the place where you can complain? Good. Let me get a paper and pen, write down what all I have to complain about everything like that; then I'll return and write it here style_emoticons/default/smile.gif Anyone who knows meh could say that I won't return for a while if that's the case.

Heh, that sucked didn't it? Good. I thought so too style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

D'ya know what else is stupid when ppl come in 2 a kidchat and are like will u go out with me. i mean DUH. Thats annother thing about the rulechecks i mean how could u like a rule check it takes away from ur chatting time. What about swearing, especcialy in a kids chat. When the kidsonline deal first started around 1999 or somethin u could date ppl i mean thats kinda Dumb. Oh i think im forgeting somethin oh yeah CAN WE PLAY TRIVIA is the most common 4 words that are saud in kidchat, and kids trying to play with the trivia by going like this !trivia.

But ya know i used 2 be a stupid ppl though 2 style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif......Oh Well!

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use