Dacity.Com

Rosie Versus The Donald: The Latest!

Mystic Rose

Rosie Versus The Donald: The Latest!

http://www.etonline.com/tv/news/38140/index.html#

BARBARA WALTERS weighs in on the war of words between ROSIE O'DONNELL and DONALD TRUMP!

"The View" co-executive producer -- who is out of the country on vacation -- has issued a statement to ET, saying, "Donald Trump is a personal friend of mine and has been a good friend to 'The View' for many years. I'm sorry there is friction between Donald and Rosie. That said, I do not regret for one moment my choice to hire Rosie O'Donnell as the moderator of 'The View'. I certainly hope and expect that this tempest will pass quickly."

The Donald is threatening to sue Rosie for comments she made about his financial well-being, but the outspoken comedienne quickly defended her position in her blog -- by posting an excerpt from wikipedia.org that details his finances over the years.

She ends the post with her haiku-style writing, saying, "i will let u know if the donald sues me/or if kelli leaves me for one of his pals/dont u find him charming."

The celebrity feud started when Rosie blasted the Miss USA co-owner with a rant on "The View," criticizing his ability to act as a moral compass for young women. The outspoken co-host personally attacked The Donald's character after his decision to give current Miss USA TARA CONNER a second chance, following allegations of underage drinking and other misconduct. She went on to compare him to a "snake oil salesman" and suggested that he had financial troubles in the past.

Donald took his gloves off and hit back hard in an interview with ET late Wednesday afternoon, saying, "Rosie O'Donnell is disgusting, I mean, both inside and out." He goes on to say that "she talks like a truck driver" and calls her "a disaster."

The Donald also questions, "I never understood, how did she even get on television?" He says he believes that "[Executive Producer] Barbara [Walters] made a terrible mistake putting her on."

He tells ET that he's considering suing Rosie for remarks she made about his financial solvency. "I'll probably sue Rosie because she doesn't tell the facts," he says, adding that, though Rosie claimed on "The View" that he had filed for bankruptcy, he is worth "many billions of dollars" and "never filed bankruptcy."

He also says that suing her "would be fun."

O'Donnell had slammed Trump on the morning talk show, saying, "[He] left the first wife, had an affair, had kids both times -- but he's the moral compass for 20-year-olds in America. Donald, sit and spin, my friend."

"Here comes the lawsuit -- get ready -- this is going to be good," Rosie added, acknowledging that her comments could end up getting her in trouble.

Rosie's rep tells ET: "Rosie stands by every comment she said today on 'The View' about Donald Trump."

Stay tuned to ET for the details on Hollywood's latest celebrity feud!

See the video on this one.

What are they 5.

This is so out there.

Important Information

Terms of Use