Dacity.Com

Board upgrade!!!

Wolfie

Here are some of the new/improved features that have been changed here at the Dacity.Com Network...

Personal Profile Portal

Invision Power Board 2.2.0 has a totally redesigned portal page with the following features:

• Friends list - manage your friends for easier PMing, to see if your friends are currently online and display your friends on your profile
  • Profile comments - allow visitors to leave comments on your profile. You can set to moderate all new comments before they're shown.
  • Recent visitors - recent visitors are shown on your profile.
  • Your content - show your recent posts / blog entries / gallery uploads on your profile
  • Personal statement - add a short bio for others to read
  • Member rating - rate other members
  • Set your gender
  • Easy access to edit your location, age and IM details

New Text Editor

New Style

The text editors, both standard and rich text (WYSIWYG) have been completely rewritten to make them more intuitive and faster to load. Clutter has been reduced with the new dynamic menus.

Switch

You can now switch between the rich text editor and the standard editor without the need to reload the page or visit your User Control Panel.

New Attachment System

Upload without the reload

IPB 2.2 has a new attachment system that enables one to upload attachments without having to reload the post screen. The new attachment area is directly below the text editor.

New Style

The attachment system has had a complete overhaul and is now styled along side the new text editor

Other changes/enhancements

• Search link now has a context sensitive drop down box. If you're in a forum you can search directly in that forum otherwise you can perform a global search.
  • Modified top navigation area with subtle separators to break up the links into cleaner sections
  • Enhanced 'mini-profile' drop down when clicking on an author's name in topic view or when reading a PM. This drop down includes the member's photo and current rating
  • Account lockout - if someone attempts to hack an account, after a few attempts that account will be automatically 'locked' and cannot be accessed, even with a correct password, until the lock is lifted.

Gallery Enhancements

Gallery has been updated along with the IP.Board series with the following features:

• Ability to group albums in the "Member's Category" by username
  • Added ability for user's to upload thumbnails with non-default file types (i.e. wmv, mpg, etc.)
  • Complete redesign of image view page
  • Fast reply available even when there are no existing comments
  • Updated 'Forum' and 'Gallery' style layouts - general skin cleanup
  • Signatures in comments updated to parse custom bbcode
  • Proper category recursion - submitting images to albums and subcategories will now update the parent(s)
  • Support for 'Category Markers' - image indicators to show if there are any new images
  • Animated GIF issue corrected
  • 'My Albums' link (ala My Blog) in member bar
  • Centralized processing to ensure settings are honored throughout the system
  • Clicking an image now brings you to the image page, rather than the category page
  • Last X comments page now supports pagination
  • Ratings show total # of votes and your vote after you have rated an image
  • Proper breadcrumb support for albums in categories

Some enhancements have also been made to the Blog system. Since the way the forum skins are handled has been changed, for the time being I have been forced to set everyones blog to use the same appearance as the forums. As soon as I can get new skins that work with the new updates, I'll make an announcement so that people can choose how their blogs appear.

As with any other time that an upgrade to the forums has been made, there is the chance for errors to sneak up. If you encounter any problems, please let me know by making a post in the Site Support Forum and not in this topic.

Testing out a new board add-on.

Bug Tracker

Pretty simple. If you encounter any problems with the site or anything on the site, then just post it in the Bug Tracker. It's located in the top menu next to the Calendar link. BEFORE reporting something though, please check to make sure that an issue hasn't already been reported and taken care of.

Also, there is a slight problem with the new registrations and also the password reset systems. I've made a slight change to fix this issue for now, but will switch it back when there is a fix for it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use