Dacity.Com

Daniel Radcliffe

The Joker

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Chewbacca

What I said pretty goes for any movie, but primarily those expected to be major hits. Batman Begins, Harry Potter, Fantastic Four, only to name a few movies would be those that people would LOVE to get their hands on before it's even premiered so that they can sell copies for the price of admission.. Selling even at $7 each, someone could easily sell 1000 just in their own state through connections. Can you imagine making $7,000 in a matter of 2 weeks just for burning copy after copy of a movie onto a DVD? With the price of blank DVD's, someone could spend out under $300 for more than 1,000 DVD's and $200 to get 2 or even 3 DVD burners. Burn and verify 3 at a time, possibly get 9/hr done. Using that, it would only take someone up to a week to burn 1,000 copies. Not really all that hard to do and thats just a low-end system. There are high-end DVD burning machines that can burn 7 to 10 at a time that change the DVD's for you after burning. Only thing someone would need would be a way to discard the bad burns automatically and then you've got yourself set. For the effort of selling 1 movie (at $7 each, selling 1,000), you coule afford 2 of those systems. I'm sure you can see how the it can be easy to make a killing doing that if you were able to get your hands on the movies and be selling them before they are released in the theaters.

That's why if I were to have that wish of having a copy of the movie before it's even premiered, I'd chop off anyones hand who tried to take it, because that would be MY copy and MY copy alone. Why should someone stand to make $1,000's from MY copy of a movie? Not only would I not be getting any of it, but even if I were, I wouldn't agree to it because if someone else wants a copy like mine, then they can go make their own wishbone wish.

You know when you visit a site, it logs it, right? It logs your information, which can be backtracked to you..

With the recent release of Star Wars.. And then the release into the theaters.. (Yes, in that order.. A bootleg was available for download hours before it was premiered in theaters on the 19th).. That prompted a harsh crack down.